Currently teaching as an Adjunct Instructor at area colleges and universities. Courses center around real-world projects and websites.
Also have built and maintain online course-sites and materials:
- Provide new examples on CodePen for students to adapt and use.
- Course site for Introduction to Web Design (Drupal 9):
Course Site: Introduction to Web Design
- Course site for Interactive Code Samples (Pears Framework, WordPress):
Interactive Code Samples
I have presented at several academic and industry conferences on a range of website planning topics. A selection are presented below.
- Content for the Web, How Much Customization Does Your Audience Expect and Need, CUPRAP 2015
CUPRAP slides available here
- A University-wide Responsive Redesign: Penn State Web 2013
Penn State Web 2013 Slides available here
- Responsive Robots: A University-wide Responsive Redesign: J Boye 2013
J. Boye 2013 slides available here
- “Is Flash Evil” for the Fox Chase Cancer Center Bioinformatics Colloquium.
- “Return on Design” for the Eastern Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce.
- Custom training for Merck Inc., Maersk, and the Philadelphia Police Department.
Currently teaching undergraduate and graduate classes in front-end web design at Jefferson University’s digital design program.
Have taught Content Management Systems at Chestnut Hill College, Introduction to Web Design at DeSales University and Harcum College. Created a detailed course site in Drupal 9 that provides code samples and presentations.
At several schools also administered a reseller hosting control panel to provision and create subsites for student projects. This provides a live portfolio with which students can gain internships and free-lance work.